This fitness challenge runs from July 23 until August 20.
Week 3 is over! I haven’t seen any updates from anyone else yet but here’s mine;
First, my personal goals during this challenge:
Increase strength & stamina as measured by moving along in the C25K program and lose 6 pounds, or 1.whatever pounds per week.
– run the c25k 3x weekly
– Spend 30 mins cycling weekly
– Swim 1x weekly
– Watch nutrition 5-6 days a week, 1 junk day allowed.
I weighed in on Saturday and… I lost 3 pounds! I’m now down to 152lbs. The 140’s are in sight! I was hoping the weight-loss would show up eventually and so it did! I’ve also taken my measurements so I can stop being so frustrated with the scale – I’m delighted to report that according to Google (and my measurements) I have an hourglass shape. Fabulous! Haha. That helps with the negativity I felt after my ex told me I have ‘wide shoulders’ I know he meant well… but, yeah. Tell me something positive, you know? 🙂 (Don’t worry, I didn’t take it very seriously)
I am still behind with my runs this week; I did one Couch to 5k and two short runs, I cycled for 45 mins once and 25 mins and did not hit the pool at all. Overall exercise wise I didn’t have a great week, I’ve been very busy with work and getting ready for a final exam for a course that I may or may not pass. I am noticing a great increase in stamina, a short jog is no longer a chore, I don’t run out of breath as easily and I feel generally energetic and happy – the whole reason I’m doing this. Foodwise I did great! I kept things under control, ate lots of veggies and fruit and very little junk. It helped that I finally did groceries
Also doing the challenge:
– Spender’s Broke who is doing a Warrior dash on Sept 17th
– Serendipity who is hoping to pick up some healthy habits who posted an update earlier this week that she’s shed a few pounds, awesome!
– Travis Pizel from Our Journey to Zero who’s participating in not one, but two challenges, he skipped last weeks weighin but reported a 0.4lb loss this week and is finally back into the 170’s, great work!
– Jackie from the Debt Myth wants to increase her time spent in the pool
– Maggie@SquarePennies challenged herself to exercise 6 days out of 7 during the challenge period.
So, how did you all do? Ready for another week!? Last chance to give it your all as this is the LAST week of the challenge – although of course I hope you’ll hang onto healthy habits for life. 🙂
Hey! If you’re new here – please subscribe to this blog by filling in your email in the sidebar -> I’m also on Twitter, you can subscribe to my twitter feed here! You’ll get updates as they’re posted without having to come check in daily, pretty easy right!?