I hit every financial goal this month. I didn’t screw up anything and I’m actually a little bit ahead in some accounts. I can easily fall behind again in March so this doesn’t change anything. I’m just going to keep trucking and make this an awesome year. My house still hasn’t sold… and I won’t drop the price to below what the market should pay just to get rid of it, so I’ll just sit and wait. Let’s recap:
1. Stop using overdraft, live on last periods pay. Reach by end of February. Done. Anytime I have money in my chequeing I feel the urge to either spend, invest or save it. It was strange getting used to having a balance in my account instead of letting the overdraft take care of things. It feels better now though, I have all my bills on schedule including my savings contributions, and cash in my wallet and a balance in my chequing. Haven’t been here in a while!
2. Save and splurge on a nice new purse in the spring, Michael Kors Dillon? Haven’t done anything with this yet.
3. Sell my house.
Take the money and run. In progress
4. Max emergency fund to $10,000. Save $571.59/month. Done. I actually put in more this month because I had a little bit of extra income from a cottage rental. 🙂
5. Retirement TFSA/RSP $105.53/month. Done.
6. Vehicle fund $17.33/month. Done.
7. Future House $41.66/month. Done.
8. Travel expense 2015 $1,500 jan – oct, after that is work depending. Haven’t done anything with this yet.
9. Last but not least a networth of $72,000. In progress
My emergency fund and networth progress are looking like I’ll have a great year, providing I bank the extra money I earn with my summer job and don’t spend it all on who knows what. I haven’t always been good at that. I anticipate to earn more from my summerjob(s) this year than in previous years, perhaps $2,800 – $3,000. If I keep up my savings and don’t touch a penny of my other earnings, by the start of September I should hit that $10k. In February I saved 54.5% of my income, that’s not really a sustainable rate but I am aiming for saving 38-40% of my income going forward from now until… eternity.
I didn’t go anywhere yet this year, sadness. I wasn’t planning to but hay, you never know! I am trying to convince the boyfriend to come to Cuba with me on a last minute deal, but he’s resisting, I just keep dreaming, I’m sure I’ll end up going to places I’ve never been this year. 🙂
10. Visit Cape Breton. Haven’t done anything with this yet.
12. Go to East to West music festival in Moncton, NB Festival was cancelled 😦
13. Go camping in the Magdalen Island for a week. Haven’t done anything with this yet.
I do have an airbnb credit and a best western free night to use up, and a bit of points on my AMEX. I’m hoping to apply for a new creditcard this year to get a few points to put towards another big trip in the fall.
Well, I was sick for more than half the month, I didnt get to the gym once, or the pool… I didn’t put full effort in at being active when I could be, February was just a writeoff in that regard. My routine is going well but overall this category ended up kinda meh.
14. Get up at 08:00/08:30 five days per week. Done.
15. Lose 30 for 30. Fail.
16. Track food and journal exercise daily. Done.
17. Go swimming once a week (incl. in gym membership). Fail.
18. Complete c25k a second time by April 30, 2015. Haven’t done anything with this yet.
19. Start weighing in weekly by June 30, 2015. Haven’t done anything with this yet.
20. Average steps per day 8,500. Fail. I think I’m hovering around 7,500. The fitbit website keeps failing me the last few days. I was sick the first two solid weeks of February, I petered on about another week and this past week has really been the best week yet. I still have a rumbly cough. I ended up on antibiotics. Whatever I had was not fun!
21. Read more: read 30 books this year. In progress.
22. Wear out shoes, don’t buy more, reduce total amount of shoes owed. In progress. Can I go the summer without buying any new footstuff?
23. Complete the #100happydays challenge. In progress.
24. Finish two bible studies. In progress.
25. Keep track of these goals weekly here. Done.
For March I would really like to decrease my restaurant and grocery budget even more. I spent $66 in restaurants, 4 x breakfast at Tim’s, one dinner with a friend and one lunch at work when I got stormstayed. It should be fairly easy to cut this down even more. My grocery budget also peaked at $312 and besides increasing grocery prices I really can’t think of what the heck I spent so much on!
And, whambamthankyoumam, that was it for February. I better get on with my taxes.