It seems a bit repetitive to keep going over this list every month, but it serves a purpose: Keeping the end-goal in sight and making solid progress every month towards what I want to achieve. My goals for March:
1. Stop using overdraft, live on last periods pay. Reach by end of February. Done.
2. Save & splurge on a nice new purse in the spring. I’m drooling over this one at the moment.
3. Sell my house. In progress
4. Savings – Emergency $571.59/month. Fail. $200 short.
5. Savings – Retirement TFSA/RSP $105.53/month. Done.
6. Savings – Vehicle fund $17.33/month. Done.
7. Savings – Future House $41.66/month. Done.
8. Travel expense 2015 $1,500 jan – oct. Haven’t done anything with this yet.
9. Networth of $72,000. In progress. Up to $65,803.89 now! A $1,078.19 increase over February 😀
10. Visit Cape Breton. Haven’t done anything with this yet.
12. Go to East to West music festival in Moncton, NB Festival was cancelled 😦
13. Go camping in the Magdalen Island for a week. Haven’t done anything with this yet.
14. Get up at 08:00/08:30 five days per week. Done. (mostly)
15. Lose 30 for 30. In progress. Jeans fit much better now.
16. Track food, journal, exercise daily. Done.
17. Go swimming once a week (incl. in gym membership). Fail.
18. Complete c25k a second time by April 30, 2015. Haven’t done anything with this yet.
19. Start weighing in weekly by June 30, 2015. Haven’t done anything with this yet.
20. Average steps per day 8,500. Done! 8,826!
21. Read more: read 30 books this year. In progress.
22. Wear out shoes, don’t buy more, reduce total amount of shoes owed. In progress.
23. Complete the #100happydays challenge. In progress.
24. Finish two bible studies. In progress.
25. Keep track of these goals weekly here. Done.
I stuck to my grocery budget of $220 and spent $219.20 and $84.42 on eating out mostly at work and at Timmies… I definitely had too much bad fat there. I anticipate the same for next month but plan to spend my eating out budget on a steak dinner, sushi and sampling PEI Burger Love instead of at Tim’s. OMNOMNOM. Or maybe I’ll say screw it all and go to Florida for a week. That’s also a possibility. 😛
March was okay financially, I scraped by and fell short of my emergency fund contribution by about $200.00. I will need to try to make up for it next month. My networth went up nicely: a $1,078.19 increase over February and I saved roughly $825, or 27% of my income this past month. This is lower than my goal of 38-40% due to unplanned spending on clothing (haha what a surprise) a spree at Michael’s for krafty stuff and gifts. I am looking forward to the summer months when my income will increase and bills decrease so my savings rate will jump up.
On the job front, (I need more work/more income) I did send out several applications. I had one phone interview that was cut short by the recruiter with a lame “we’ll call you”. I’d appreciate honesty instead of bologne. Anyway, the other recruiter never called during the scheduled time and we have yet to reschedule. I did receive the message I was able to pick up another cottage for the summer which means this summer will as I was hoping have a bit more work AND income over last year, and that’s the goal, so awesome!
I’m looking forward to the first of May when I get another raise, it will only be worth $7.50 a week but I’ve already planned out how to distribute it through my savings and hope to double my goal for my vehicle fund this year. I hope my car lasts quite some time yet, but I decided to check out the used vehicle listings… I have so much more to save… and I need to have that piggybank ready for when my car really bites the dust. Anyway, not a bad month overall!