This page used to be automatically updated but is now out of date. If you like, though, you can scroll beginning at the first blog post here;
Otherwise…. below is everything listed, since the beginning of time. (all blog posts are slowly being updated to be included on this page to – eventually – include an archive of everything I have ever posted)
- Letting a bill go without paying: Webhosting, system inflexibility and my own stupidity. - I started this blog as a wordpress.com monstrosity back in 2009. It officially became NickelbyNickel in 2010. For a while I just ran the free blog but eventually I thought, well, I want to join the big leagues so with a lot of struggling I managed to switch to a selfhosted blog. At the time,Continue reading "Letting a bill go without paying: Webhosting, system inflexibility and my own stupidity."
- Spammy outreach spammers - As part of InboxZero day (see my previous post), I often find myself clicking through emails of advertisers and other people I’ve communicated with. I’d like to share this gem with you all, enjoy!
- Italy: the land of pizza and… pastries. - Funny enough, this post has sat in my drafts for over 6 years. Intended to be finished, at some time, somewhere… but as usual I find myself with a wretched lack of time – despite becoming bored from time to time in this new season that 2020 brought. So without much further thought, I willContinue reading "Italy: the land of pizza and… pastries."
- Unsubscribe day – the annual event - It’s funny how I find myself signed up for email after email, and, on average once a year unsubscribe from everywhere to get to Inbox Zero… only to start all over again and repeat the process next year. Credit to Merlin Mann.
- Health and struggles - At the end of winter, there is a season in which we are daily expecting spring, and finally a day when it arrives.—Journal, 8 March 1853 (Henry Thoreau) Being human nearly always equals struggle. Some more, some less. We all struggle in some form from time to time, and time again. I’ve had my share;Continue reading "Health and struggles"
- On solitary domesticity - This past year has left me contemplative of relationships, familial and otherwise. I don’t have a large circle of friends, I do have a larger family but we don’t see each other as much nor do we all enjoy each-others company all the time. This has left me with a bit of a gap thisContinue reading "On solitary domesticity"
- Corona and Barista-FI - It’s been a while since I’ve written about anything financial and I thought it’s about time I get back to the reason this blog exists: money. A little public navel-gazing has always helped me progress, so let’s have at it. Somewhere around 2015 I lost steam in tracking financial progress through blogging. You can seeContinue reading "Corona and Barista-FI"
- Building moveable cold frames/row covers - This has been kind of a fun project we’ve tackled this year. Last year was the first year we had an actual vegetable garden. Tom didn’t really bother with the landscaping until I moved here (which was officially in about 2017, I think). He put most of his efforts into the house itself, so itsContinue reading "Building moveable cold frames/row covers"
- Lupin project – update - Nearly three weeks ago I posted some musings on my Lupin-project, where I try to spread Lupins of various wild harvested types – voluntarily – in certain managed patches and plots on the land here. I have been doing extensive landscaping the past 2 months (which will be the subject of other posts) and IContinue reading "Lupin project – update"
- Switchel-wha? [awesome summer drink I had never heard of until last week] - I came across this recipe two days ago, probably something related to analytics in suggested content – who cares, because this stuff is awesome! If you like refreshing drinks that is! Apparently this gingery-vinegary concoction is old as the hills and showed up in The Little House on the Prairie – which I watched asContinue reading "Switchel-wha? [awesome summer drink I had never heard of until last week]"
This page was last updated today.